Kids Cast Your Vote!
October 26th-November 9th
How to Vote:
1. Kids can click here.
2. Type your first name and the name of your library.
3. Select your favorite book to vote on by clicking on a book cover image.
4. Make sure to then click on the "Vote Now" button for your vote to be counted.
5. Kids can also write in their favorite "candidate."
6. Only one vote per child- siblings can simply type their name and cast their own vote too!
Voting opens October 26 and ends November 9th.
Winners will be announced November 12th!
You can also view the list of cadidates here.
About Kids Cast Your Vote:
The Southborough Library is joining libraries across the Commonwealth in Kids Cast Your Vote, a statewide election of the best books. Kids of all ages are invited to go online and cast their vote for their favorite book.
The Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners (MBLC) will tally up the votes and release the top 25 books as recommended by Massachusetts kids. It’s a fun way to connect kids to the national and statewide elections and it gives them a voice in an election of their own!
The list of “candidate” books for Kids Cast Your Vote came directly from Massachusetts kids-it’s all about what they like and what they’re reading. During the statewide summer library program in 2019, kids shared their favorite books with the MBLC which resulted in 500 books, too many for an election. The MBLC narrowed the list down to 52 “candidate” books. Kids can vote for their favorite “candidate” from the 52 or write in a “candidate.”
Check out your favorite books!
Kids can also see what books from these lists are available in electronic format as well as! Or we can help your children find their favorite books through curbside pickup.